DigiRedo does Barcelona (again)
January 19, 2008 Leave a comment
We just returned from an exciting trip to Barcelona (see previous post). So what are our experiences?
First and foremost, it seems that Big Pharma is really getting interested in Web 2.0 and the implications it has on the business. The second day was devoted mainly to Web 2.0 and new media in general. After an interesting presentation of Craig DeLarge (Novo Nordisk) we kicked off with our presentation about internal podcasting. The day ended with a panel discussion about the do’s and don’ts of Web 2.0 in pharma marketing, how to start Web 2.0 initiatives in this very regulated market and how to overcome internal hurdles. There was quite some interaction from the audience.
We did interviews with the following Key Speakers of the Pharma Marketing and the Generics congress:
- Reinhard Angelmar – Professor of Marketing (INSEAD, France)
- Ian Talmage – Senior Vice President Global Strategic Marketing (Bayer Schering Pharma, Germany)
- Craig A. DeLarge – Associate Director eMarketing (Novo Nordisk, USA)
- Keith Allan – Head of Global Advocacy (Novartis, Switzerland)
- Brian Tempest – Chief Mentor and Executive Vice Chairman (Ranbaxy, India)
- Nazmul Hassan – CEO (Beximco Pharmaceutical, Bangladesh)
- Georg Cubuk – Managing Director (Esparma, Germany)
These people really had a very interesting story and we’ll sure link to these interviews as soon as Jacob Fleming puts them online.
It goes without saying that such conferences require a lot of preparation. The team of Jacob Fleming did a wonderful job and we sincerely would like to thank Samuel, Marina, Veronika and Petra for their contribution.
More news about these congresses later.
The post production editing room.
3/5th of the Expert Panel on Web 2.0 in Pharma.
The Jacob Fleming Team (Except for Samuel, who should be on this picture too. We promise to do that the next time we meet…)