Internet Video Trends – by those who know
February 9, 2008 Leave a comment
You all know that we have a thing or two with video. It is therefore in our interest that video on the web is getting more and more popular. Fortunately it is.
In a recent post in Robin Good’s blog he gives a summary of the Internet TV Platform future report, made by Jeremy Allaire and Adam Berrey, two key individuals behind Brightcove, a service we use on a very regular basis.
You should check out Robin’s blog, but let me give you a summary of the summary:
- There are two major groups conssidered Internet TV Platforms: aggregators and platforms.
- Aggregators bring consumers together at a destination
- consumer sharing sites (YouTube, DailyMotion, Metacafe),
- commercial video portals (MSN, AOL, Joost),
- social networks (FaceBook, MySpace)).
- Platforms enable website publishers
- internet TV platforms (Brightcove, the Platform, Maven Networks),
- community platforms,
- uber ad platforms (New category. Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, AOL main players))
- Trends in 2008:
- Branded Destinations (more specific branding to the audience),
- Audience Networks (to bridge gap between aggregators and own branded detination),
- Audience Monetization (use more technological tools to get some finance),
- Contextual Publishing (put the right clip in front of the right audience),
- High Quality Video (more full screen)
Check it out yourself here.