New Media Expo takes off like a rocket with Gary Vaynerchuk
August 14, 2008 1 Comment
The New Media Expo 2008 took off like a rocket. First keynote of Gary Vaynerchuk of Wine Library TV. Gary, a first generation Russian immigrant who loves the NY Jets and dreams of buying the tam one day, just gave a very energetic presentation. He produces and hosts a very successful podcast show on one of his biggest passions, wine. His key to success:
- Know your DNA, and do what you want to do
- Know the 2 C’s: Community and Content
- We all know it, Content is King, but don’t forget that Marketing is Queen and the Queen runs the household.
- Be everywhere, on every platform available
- Love your fans, and answer all their e-mail
- Patience, patience, patience and you will get there
His biggest mistake: his twitter name, garyvee. Why? Nobody can find him, it’s damaging his brand.
This kick-start sets the tone for the rest of the coming three days.