February 7, 2009 1 Comment
In a recent study done by Permission TV it became once again clear: Online Video (OV) is here to stay. More and more businesses are seeing the true potential of using video in engaging their audience, be it internal or external. We just came back from a marketing managers meeting for a pharma company in Brussels where we showed a few of our videos. Everytime we see the smiling faces and enthusiatsic reactions of the people watching the vidoes we know we hit the right spot.
According to the article:
Advertising, marketing and media executives will increasingly migrate from a planning and experimentation phase to significantly increase implementation of their online video initiatives in 2009, a recent survey of more than 400 senior-level decision makers, has revealed. The survey, conducted by PermissionTV, identified online video as the top priority for digital marketing budgets, and also demonstrated a strong preference among marketers for increased sophistication and interactivity in online video capabilities to help promote their brands.
“As corporate and brand marketers look to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of digital marketing initiatives, online video will play an increasingly critical role in all interactive campaigns,” said Matt Kaplan, VP of Solutions and Chief Strategy Officer of PermissionTV. “These survey results demonstrate the strategic importance of online video in the overall marketing mix, as well a growing requirement for more sophisticated video experiences.”
Some other important key findings:
- Almost 75% of the respondents said that OV will be a primary focus in digital marketing campaigns.
- In the next quarter, 52% indicated to be implementing videoprojects.
- Almost 60% said the next big thing is interactive videos and the use of interactive non-linear storytelling is believed to be the next big thing.
- 33% said that most likely digital initiatives are not to be affected by budget cuts.
- The majority (71%) is using OV to help brand awareness.
Bring it on!